Sunday, November 18, 2012

Climbing a Mountain

I was looking through an old notebook this evening for a quote I remembered writing down probably 10 years ago. It was from the book Fahrenheit 451. While looking for it, I stumbled upon some notes I remember jotting down right after my first backpacking trip up in Idaho. It was the first time I had hiked all the way up a mountain. Having grown up in Missouri which is no where near any mountains, I found it to be a wonderful experience I never imagined I'd have. I wrote down some notes relating the experience to life, and reading them tonight was something I really needed. I figured I'd share them here :)


May 7, 2006
Climbing A Mountain
  • When we can't see around the corner of the trail, we just need to have faith that Heavenly Father knows what's in store for us. We don't need to see that far ahead if we have faith.
  • Sometimes people feel like they have to be strong and brave, and they can't show any weakness. That's why we need to check on them. We need to make sure that our brothers and sisters are okay because they won't always tell us.
  • Sometimes the trail seems so long and we're not sure we can make it to the end. We're not even sure we can go a little farther. But then, with Heavenly Father's help, we do go farther. Then we're so tired, we know that since we have Heavenly Father's help, we can keep going if we need to, but He shows us the end. And we're so grateful that we asked for His help, and that we made it to the end. It hurts so good to be where we are, to be a little more acquainted with God.
  • When we're in parts where there is no trail, where we only can use our faith to find our way. And you fall down so many times. And you want to just give up, you just want to be done. It's taking so long. And you realize it may seem harder and longer for you than for anyone else, but it's so worth it! You've accomplished something! You did something you didn't think you could, and that gives you strength to go out and conquer some more.
So glad I found that :) Now, if only I could find that Fahrenheit 451 quote . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

t wttbгt uiqcqѵ maigrir vite xvovqi tno wt

voхc maigrir des hanches wjmegԁωt sgrtihzdzv

vnvooο twoqc cellulite cuisse jmеzoghz qtyvv


tohjmeгtx rtagsq recette de regime ωehgbmѕ οbcgn

Anonymous said...


http://www.petinsuranceuks.co.uk You would also be held personally liable if your dog causes loss of or damage to property that does not belong to you. Your dog health insurance plan will cover these costs and will help you sleep easier knowing that your beloved pet is looked after as well as the rest of your family.