Monday, September 13, 2010

So, today in sunday school, we watched a clip from the show Shaq VS. He was challenging Justin Bieber and it was so cute, haha :) So I finally listened to his song "Baby" and it's been stuck in my head all day. Here' s the music video:




Anyway, I also heard this great quote at ward prayer tonight. It's from Elder Wirthlin in 2007:

"Sometimes the greatest love is not found in the dramatic scenes that poets and writers immortalize. Often, the greatest manifestations of love are the simple acts of kindness and caring we extend to those we meet along the path of life. True love lasts forever. It is eternally patient and forgiving. It believes, hopes, and endures all things. That is the love our Heavenly Father bears for us. We all yearn to experience love like this. Even when we make mistakes, we hope others will love us in spite of our shortcomings—even if we don’t deserve it. Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us—even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will. We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming."

I really liked that. I know there have been times in my life when I haven't shown charity to others like I should have, and there have been times when I really have felt that pure love of Christ towards others. And I've experienced those two opposites reflected towards myself from those around me. It makes me grateful for the people in my life that can express their love for me even when I make mistakes. And when people don't show me that unconditional love, although it makes me sad, I remember the times I was in their shoes and it helps me to understand.

I've recently been reminded how important our attitude is in this life. How much positive thinking really affects us. And I'm trying really hard to count my blessings and think about all the wonderful things I do have, instead of all the nice things I wish I did.

Life is good, people. Just remember that ;)

2 comments:

The Mathesons said...

Good reminder. :)

~Crystal~ said...

Love that quote! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for getting that song with the 4 word chorus stuck in my head ;)